Anchor Sunday School Class
Healing Scriptures - Anchor Class 2019
I. God’s Will is to Heal you
1. Matthew 4: 23-24 Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching, reaching the kingdom and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people…And they brought to Him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments and those that were possessed with devils and those which were lunatic and those that had palsy and He healed them.
2. Matthew 9: 35 And Jesus went about all the cities, and villages, teaching in their synagogues and preaching the gospel of the kingdom and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.
3. Matthew 14:14 And Jesus went forth and saw a great multitude and was moved with compassion toward them and he healed their sick.
4. Matthew 12:9-15 And Jesus went into their synagogue and behold there was a man which had his had withered…Then [Jesus] said to the man, stretch forth your hand. And he stretched it forth and it was restored whole like as the other…And [Jesus] said to the man, stretch forth your hand. And he stretched it forth and it was restored whole, like as the other…And [Jesus] withdrew himself… and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all;
5. Mark 1:40-41 And there came a leper to him, beseeching him and kneeling down to him and saying unto him, If thou wilt thou canst make me clean. And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand and touched him and said to him, I will; be thou clean.
6. Matthew 15:30-31 And great multitudes came unto him having with them those that were lame, blind, dumb, maimed and many others and cast them down at Jesus feet and he healed them… and the multitude wondered when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole , the lame to walk and the blind to see and they glorified the God of Israel.
7. I Peter 2: 24 He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed.
8. III John 2 Beloved I wish above all things that you prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospers.
II. Sickness called a work of Satan
9. I. John 3:8 For this purpose the Son of God was manifested that he might destroy the works of the devil.
10. Matthew 4L24 And they brought to Jesus all the sick people that were possessed with devils and He healed them.
11. Matthew 9:32-33 As they went out, behold they brought to him a dumb man possessed with a devil. And when the devil was cast out, the dumb spoke.
12. Luke 13:10-17 And Jesus was teaching in one of the synagogues on the sabbath. And behold, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and could in no wise lift up herself. And when Jesus saw her, he called her to him, and said unto her, Woman thou art loosed from thine infirmity. And he laid his hands on her and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God.
13. Luke:13: 10-17 And the ruler of the synagogue answered with indignation because Jesus had healed the sabbath and the Lord answered him and said, …Ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan hath bound lo these 18 years, be loosed from this bond on the sabbath day.
14. John 10:10 The thief comes to steal, kill and destroy but I have come that you might have life and have it more abundantly.
15. Genesis 3: 17-19 Curses come upon Adam, “cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it…” But Galatians 3:13 says “Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us”
III. Healing is part of the Abrahamic Covenant
16. Exodus 15:26 “If you will give earnest heed to the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight and give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have [allowed to be] put on the Egyptians, for I the Lord am your healer.”
17. Isaiah 53:3-5 He was despised and forsaken of men, a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; …Surely our griefs [or sicknesses] he Himself bore, And our sorrows [pains] He carried, but He was pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; The chastening for our wellbeing fell upon Him, And by His scourging we are healed.
18. Psalm 103:3 Who forgives all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases.
19. Jeremiah 17:14 Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.
20. Jeremiah 30:17a For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thy wounds, says the Lord.
21. Proverbs 4:20-22 My son attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings, Let them not depart from thine eyes, keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.
22. Psalm 107:20 He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.
23. I Peter 2:24 “He himself bore our sins in His Body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed.”
IV. Healing begins within: FAITH
24. Matthew 15: 21-28 Jesus departed to the coast of Tyre and Sidon and a woman of Canaan came out of the coasts and cried unto him, …my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil…he answered her and said “I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel…It is not meet to take the children’s bread and to cast it to dogs.” And she said ‘Truth Lord, yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table. Then Jesus answered and said unto her ‘O woman great is thy faith; be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.
25. Luke5:18 And behold men brought in a bed a man which was taken with a palsy: and they sought means to bring him in …And they let him down through the [roof] into the midst before Jesus. And when Jesus saw their faith he said unto him: ‘Man thy sins are forgiven thee…I say unto thee Arise and take up thy couch and go into thy house.’ And the man immediately …rose up
26. Luke 7:6-10 The centurion said “Lord trouble not thyself for I am not worthy that thou should enter under my roof; but say in a word and my servant shall be healed…Jesus said ‘I have not found so great faith, no not in Israel.’ And they ….found the servant whole that had been sick.
V. Establish a Point of Contact to Release your Faith
27. Matthew 9;27-29 And when he was come into the house the blind men came to him: and Jesus said unto them believe that I am able to do this? They said Yea Lord. Then he touched their eyes saying ‘According to your faith be it unto you.’
28. Luke 6:19 And the whole multitude sought to touch him: for there went virtue out of him and he healed them all.
29. Matt 9:20-22: And behold a woman with was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him and touched the hem of his garment, for she said …’if I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole. But when Jesus turned …and saw her, he said ‘Daughter be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole.’
30. Mark 16:15-18 Go you into all the world and preach…And these signs shall follow them that believe…they shall lay hands on the sick and they shall recover.
31. James 5:14-16 Is any sick among you? Let him call for the elders of the church and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil…and the prayer of faith shall save the sick and the Lord shall raise him up.
VI. Stay in an Attitude of Faith
32. Mark 5:22, 35-42 Jairus the ruler of the synagogue, whose daughter was near death and then died while Jesus was ministering to the woman with the issue of blood, says in v 36: “Be not afraid only believe.’ And Jesus suffered no man to follow him to Jairus’ house except Peter, James and John ‘And he said to them …why…weep? The damsel sleeps.’ And they laughted him to scorn. But when he had put them out, he took the father and mother and …took the damsel by the hand and said ‘….arise’
33. Matt 17: 15-21 A certain man came to [Jesus] and said ‘Lord have mercy on my son: for he is lunatic, and sore vexed: …And I brought him to thy disciples and they could not cure him….And Jesus rebuked the devil; and the devil departed out of him and the child was cured …Then came the disciples to Jesus and said ‘Why could not we cast him out?’ And Jesus said unto them ‘Because of your unbelief: for …if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed you shall say unto the mountain, remove to yonder place…and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you…Howbeit this kind goes out but by prayer and fasting.’
VII. The Role of Forgiveness
34. James 5:14-16 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick and the Lord shall raise him up and if he has committed sins they shall be forgiven him. Confess your faults one to another and pray for another that you may be healed.
35. Mark 11:23-26 Therefore I say unto you what things whatsoever you desire, when you pray, believe that you receive them and you shall have them. And when you stand praying , forgive, if you have ought against any: that your Father which is in heaven may forgive you.
VIII Is Healing for Today?
36. Malachi 3:6 For I am the Lord and I change not
37. Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today and forever.
38. Deut. 29:29 The secret things belong unto the Lord our God. (Some people will be healed in the next life for reasons we cannot explain.)
39. Hebrews 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace that we might obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Webmaster, Ryland Scott
© 2020, Ryland Scott